Welcome to my blog! Glad you could stop by 🙂
I’m a twenty-something Muslim girl living in Canada, who still thinks she’s a teen. I’m also a self-proclaimed bibliophile, who wishes she was actually British. When I’m not reading through piles of books by my bed or practising my British accent, I like to think I can write manuscripts that will one day get published and become novels (inshAllah!). On this blog, you’ll find poems and snippets of my prose under the writing tab on the menu.
Originally, this blog was started as an assignment for one of my Creative Book Publishing classes a few years ago, as I wanted an outlet to write reviews for all the amazing books I was discovering. Since then, it has evolved into a blog that is mainly focused on book reviews and recipes, as well as other whimsical stories from my life.
If you’re looking for a book to read, check out the book reviews tab in the menu. If you’re a Young Adult or Teen reader (like me!), have a browse through my virtual bookshelf which is sorted by author last name. Or if you prefer Adult reads, then look through my Adult bookshelf.
If you’re got a massive sweet tooth (I do too!), check out my index of cookies, bars, brownies, cakes, and other goodies on the Sweet page. Or if you prefer something a bit more filling, check out the Savoury page, which has biscuits, sandwiches, pastas, pot pies, and much more!
Some random (and useless facts) about me:
- I love the colour pink (as if you couldn’t already tell)
- I wholeheartedly believe that chocolate should be its own food group
- I once won a contest for a free copy of a Harry Potter book. My name was announced on TV and it was the happiest moment of my life (I kid…that would be quite sad)
- I can’t eat a meal without a book in my hand (or a magazine or a pamphlet or a receipt…anything really)
- I reached the full capacity of my adult height at age 12 and never grew after that (5’1 in case you’re curious)
- I like writing things in parentheses (but you knew that already)
- I also blog at The Muslim Girl
- You can read my debut novel on Amazon Kindle here
Hope you find something you like. And thanks for visiting!